Android 7.0 Nougat Is The Most Popular Version Of Android OS

Android 7.0 Nougat Is The Most Popular Version Of Android OS

Google has revealed the Android distribution figures for February 2018. From what we can witness from the graph, Android 7.0 Nougat for the initial time in 1.6 Years, has overtaken Android 6.0 Marshmallow to turn out to be the most employed version of OS in the bionetwork. The latest variant, Android 8.0 Oreo has also witnessed some development but the rate is still sluggish.

The 8-year old Gingerbread version of Android still survives in the catalog with 0.3%. This totals both the OS variants 2.3.7 and 2.3.3. From previous month, this is a decline by 0.1%. The Gingerbread version of Android is chased by Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4 and 4.0.3) version of Android, which now stands at 0.4%. Once more, this is a drop by 0.1%.

The Jelly Bean version of Android, which comprises 3 versions namely 4.2.x, 4.1.x, and 4.3, stands at 5%. In comparison to distribution numbers of last month, the variant has witnessed a fall by 0.6%. The later version of Android OS, Lollipop stands at 24.6%, less from 25.1% of last month. This variant comprises 2 sub-variants v5.1 as well as v5.0.

Android 6.0 Marshmallow is low to 28.1% from 29.7% in January. As cited above, this is also the initial time when the share of the specific OS version has been overtaken by that of Android 7.0 Nougat. For now Nougat is at 28.5%. Dissimilar to the aforesaid variants, Android 6.0 Marshmallow has witnessed an elevation by 2.2%.

Lastly, the newest version of Android OS, Android 8.0 Oreo has managed to only reach the mark of 1% as its v8.1 and v8.0 get 0.3% and 0.8% share. The variant stood at 0.7% in OS distribution chart of last month. The company formally rolls out its new version of Android OS at Google IO event each year.

Marjory Lewis

Marjory Lewis

Marjory has a degree in Chemistry has been an active journalist covering the pharmaceutical industry. She is well versed with scientific terminologies and hence covers Science and health for Technology 24.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *